Thursday, 19 August 2010

Spiderman and Benazir Bhutto...

It goes with out saying that you love your parents, who are, of course, completely irreplaceable and unique; that said, if you could have any two fantasy folks, who would they be? Never mind all the ‘at first sight’ stuff, the exact moment I fell very deeply in love with my girlfriend was when she told me hers were Spiderman and Benazir Bhutto. I definitely dig strong women. One of the most important political figures of our lifetime (BB not SM) - certainly the most shocking of assassinations - the twice elected Prime Minister of Pakistan was the first woman ever to lead a Muslim nation. I need very little excuse to go and watch a film at the ICA, but as her widower, President Zardari, flounders in wake of flood waters and her son, Bilal, is groomed for that problematic Presidency, what a perfect time to be reminded that hope can exist in the world…

www.lecool.com

No comments:

Post a Comment