Thursday, 1 April 2010

Storm Warning...

For some years now I have stood Canute-like against the inevitable tide of the digital revolution; you will not wash my CDs away. I understand, of course, that eventually my feet will get wet, and, hell, I may even be forced to paddle a bit. What keeps me clinging to my shaky shore-side position for now is the interesting inlay card, and most especially the every-so-often album art for which there is no better word than ‘awesome’. As if ‘album art designer’ wasn’t a cool enough job title, Storm Thorgerson is a, named Storm and b, responsible for some- no, most - of the iconic record covers in pop full stop. Over 400 hundred of them, from Pink Floyd’s Dark Side of the Moon right up to Biffy Clyro’s Only Revolutions. Certainly enough to keep you entertained for an afternoon; hopefully enough to keep my feet dry for a few years yet…

http://www.lecool.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment