Thursday, 17 December 2009

What's this? What's this?

What’s this? What’s this? There’s something in the air. Like all those corporate lackeys for whom ‘It’s Not Christmas Until I See The Coca Cola Advert’, I too have a portent by which I mark the coming of the festive season; and it too has absolutely nothing to do with the birth of baby Jesus. A boringly over-enthusiastic atheist and arch-anti-capitalist, when I see the BFI is playing Tim Burton’s The Nightmare Before Christmas I get all giddy and fling open the sash windows to throw farthings at small boys, imploring them to run, run along to Tiny Tim’s house. Sure, Santa’s a sham and, actually, how’s about goodwill to all men all year round? But then, what's this? What’s this? The monsters are all missing, and the nightmares can't be found, and in their place there seems to be Good Feeling all around…

www.lecool.com

No comments:

Post a Comment